Coastal Barbarians Rowing Club CIC is a Community Interest Company – no. 14621548
The club’s objectives are to:
- Increase grassroots participation by making coastal rowing more inclusive and accessible
- Enable and promote mixed ability coastal rowing
- Enable and promote recreational and competitive coastal rowing
- Enable ‘locals’ and ‘tourists’ to enjoy the physical and mental health benefits coastal rowing provides
- Grow the coastal rowing community.
As a community interest company, the Coastal Barbarians Rowing Club has an ‘asset lock’ so all assets and income must be used to deliver benefits to the communities it supports.
Coastal Barbarians compete in the Coastal Rowing League and other events. The club is currently applying for affiliation to British Rowing so athletes will be able to enter British Rowing and World Rowing events. n.b. Members currently cannot enter affiliated events as Coastal Barbarians.
As a Coastal Barbarian you will quickly recover the membership cost as you will receive discounts on Coastal Rowing Centre activities e.g. Training outing £30, Coastal Barbarian price just £12.
For more information go to Coastal Rowing Centre activities.
There are several types of membership available:
Tourist membership £48 p.a.
- Aged 18 and over.
- Recreational and competitive rowers, often members of other rowing clubs
- Independent private boat owners who want to race in the Coastal Rowing League and affiliated events (when affiliated)
- Those with a physical, sensory or mental impairment wanting to join mixed ability crews (please contact the club to discuss)
Junior Tourist membership £48 p.a.
- Aged 14 to 17 with adult supervision.
- Recreational and competitive rowers
- Often members of other rowing clubs
- Independent private boat owners who want to enter the Coastal Rowing League and affiliated events (when affiliated)
- Those with a physical, sensory or mental impairment interested in joining mixed ability crews (please contact the club to discuss)
Supporter membership £48 p.a.
- Aged 18 and over, if under 18 with adult supervision
- All those interested in volunteering to support coastal rowing, mixed ability activities and help with events, etc
- And/or those interested in sponsoring the club and it’s mixed ability coastal rowing activities.
To go to the Coastal Barbarians Rowing Club membership site
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01305 257 774